Once the student has enrolled, he/she will immediately become a member at the library. The Student ID tag is to be presented when borrowing materials from the library.
Students are responsible for keeping track of the due dates of the materials they have borrowed and returning them on time.
The Librarian will send a reminder e-mail for the overdue materials. Failure to receive a notice does not entitle the borrower to an extended due date.
A fine is charged if materials are returned late. Materials must be returned no later than 15 minutes before the library closes.
Fines will continue to accumulate daily on all overdue materials until the material is renewed, returned, or is declared lost by either the borrower or The Library.
If an overdue material is successfully renewed or returned, borrowers are responsible for the payment of any fines that accumulate while the material is overdue.
A material is declared lost 30 days after the due date. The Library will bill the borrower a replacement fee of the materials via e-mail/letter. The letter will be sent to the student’s correspondence and permanent addresses.
The replacement fee will be waived or refunded if the material is returned within 45 days after it was declared lost. All borrowers are subject to fines and fees.
1. Borrowed books can be returned through the library drop-box located next to the library entrance after library operating hours.
2. Returning books are to be inserted into the drop-box gently and sequentially to prevent damages.
3. Books in the drop-box will be collected daily. A confirmation e-mail will be sent once the returned book has been processed.
4. Books that is too big to fit into the drop-box should be returned through the Library circulation counter during library hours. Please do not keep them outside the drop box.
5. Borrowers will bear all responsible for damages including, marking, underlining, highlighting, sticky notes of all kinds, mutilating or tearing pages, etc.
All borrowers are included in this Lost or Damaged Materials policy.
The borrower of record is responsible for the safe and timely return of library
The Library sends overdue notices as a courtesy reminder.
Notices will be sent via email.
Failure to receive a notice does not free the borrower of responsibilities. The material will be declared lost 30 days after the due date. The borrower will not be allowed to check out any books until the fine is cleared.
Borrowers who lose the Library’s materials have the option to either pay a replacement fee or purchase a replacement copy themselves (same ISBN number and in good condition).
The borrowers will be charged any overdue fine and replacement fee of the item. Fines will continue to accumulate daily on all overdue materials until the material is renewed, returned, or is declared lost by either the borrower or The Library. If an overdue material is successfully renewed, borrowers are responsible for the payment of any fines that were accumulated while the material was overdue.
If a borrower subsequently finds and returns a lost material after purchasing a replacement copy or paying the replacement price, the original lost material will be kept by the library. The Library reserves the right to change its policies at any time.
|RM0.50 per material & per day
|RM0.50 per material & per day
Top Up Credit Procedures: